Chapter 24 - "Touch"


Disclaimer: This story is 95% fiction, the rest is based on actual concert events. I do not own the song, "Where Do Broken Hearts Go". All rights to the writer and performers. Bex and her friends are solely my property. You know who the rest are. There's been a lot of fic being plagiarized lately. Please don't spoil everyone's fun and steal from others. Forgive the formatting. Blogger and my writing don't want to play nice together. The whole blog is different too. This has been a long time coming. It's been sitting on my laptop for a while now. Thank you to my lovely Beta. You are my concert buddy and sister in arms. Love & kindness to you. Thanks to the girls...you know why. Just a quick reminder, each chapter is a song title. There's a playlist on Spotify. You can dm me if you'd like to know how to find.

I dedicate this one to T. She's been waiting patiently. She reads every chapter and never fails to leave me a comment. I love you wo-wo-woman! Enjoy! See you at the bottom.

Touch


Chapter 24

“Oh...” I whisper as I toss the onion ring on the table, “What time do you fly out?”

“The jet is leaving at 10 am,” he says after wiping his hands.  “I need to get back. I have a meeting with a writing partner.”

I nod as I wrap up the rest of the burger in front of me. I’d suddenly lost my appetite. I began placing the leftover food in a bag.  Without a word, I carry it to the fridge.

“Tog?”

“Yeah?” I answer as I return to the table, grabbing up my lemonade. I take a sip; the beverage  bitter on my tongue.

“Are you alright?”

“Mhmm,” I hum.

“You sure?” He reaches for my hand.

“I didn’t think about when you’d leave,” I sigh as he pulls me into his lap.

“I wouldn’t but with the album...”

“I get it. You don’t have to explain anything. I’m just...being silly.” I run my fingers through the side of his hair.  “It’s not goodbye. It’s see you soon, right?”

“Of course, Love. You’re coming out in a few weeks...”

I nod playing with his cross. The next few weeks were going to be tough.  I lay the cross flat on his skin and place a lingering kiss to his heart. His hand slips into my hair.

“Okay,” I sigh. “No more of this.  What do you want to do now? Shall we chance going out?” I ask looking up at him.

“I will happily go anywhere with you,” he smiles at me.

“Bex? Harry?” Emily calls from the living room.

“Kitchen, Em!”

She appears quietly in the doorway, “I’m headed out. What do you two have planned today?”

“We might chance going out,” I say as I stand up.

“Have fun. Remember to look both ways before you cross,” She jokes. “I’m working tonight at the pub. Stop by if you like.”

“Maybe we will,” Harry takes my hand and gives it a squeeze.

“Plenty of tequila for ye. Off to work off the weight I put on from the burger I could smell upstairs... Ta for now,” Em waves before heading out the front door.

Harry’s phone rings on the table.

“Yello?” He winks at me. I watch as his face goes from happy to concerned. “When?”

He stands and begins to pace in front of the counter, “Are you sure?....Alright...someone’s on it?...Good, let me know what happens.
I thought it was taken care of...Of course I’m gonna tell her...mmhmm...yeah, yeah...I’ll see you tomorrow.”  He sighs as he hangs up.

“What’s wrong?” I ask.

“There’s some new photos...me driving Doc’s car last night. You can’t see you in any of them, but they’ve traced the car back to her.
They were being sold to some online gossip sites. Jeff’s sent cease and desist letters and bought up the proofs,” he says shrugging his shoulders at me.

“Should we warn her?” I ask grabbing up my phone.

“Jeff’s got it covered. He doesn’t think they’ll be able to put you two together. We can tell her later,” he says pulling my phone out of my hand.
“He does suggest we stay inside this afternoon though. Just in case the paps are watching the house. I’m sorry, Love.”

“Do you think they could be?” I ask as I make my way toward the front window. A tug on my shirt stops me.

“I think it’s best we stay away from the windows. Maybe they’ll get bored and go away,” he laughs pulling me against his body.
“What if they followed her to the office or the gym?” I ask concerned that my friend will now be bothered by the paparazzi.

“She’d know by now. They’re not exactly conspicuous. Let’s just wait it out. We can go to the pub tonight. We’ll just keep an eye out. Maybe take a different car,” he hums against my neck.

“Okay,” I moan slightly, “What are we gonna do now that we’re stuck inside?” I ask offering a little more of my neck to him.

“I could think of a few things...”

“Does it involve your lips? Because that feels amazing,” I sigh at the feel of his soft lips against my skin.

“Maybe,” he laughs tickling my skin in the process, “Ah...someone’s ticklish.”

~</3~

“Tog?...Tog,” Harry whispers against my cheek.

I stretch my arms above my head and groan, “What?”

“Might want to put your shirt back on...someone’s home,” he sighs against my left breast.

“Mmm...I’d rather stay just like this,” I giggle pushing my fingers into the back of his hair to keep him where he’s at.

“I’m sure...”

“Bex?  Are you home?” Grace calls from the hall. The door opens quickly. Harry, with the reflexes of a cat, manages to pull the comforter over himself
covering my bare chest in the process.

“Bloody hell...sorry!”

I laugh as she slams the door behind her. I can hear her heels on the wood floor as she scurries to her bedroom across the hall.

“Sorry!” She yells before slamming her own door.

I can’t help but laugh which causes my stomach to hurt. “Hahaha...ow...”

After Harry found out that I was ticklish, he spent most of the afternoon trying to make me squirm. He managed to locate every spot on my body.
After he’d had enough of that, we spent the last hour wrapped in each other. He was patient; I had to give him that. He never overstepped my boundaries.
He took me as far as I was willing to go; never making me feel pressured.

I pull the blanket down so I can look at him. His long curls matted from my hands pulling on them.

“Thank you,” I smile when he looks up at me.

“Whatever for, love?”

“You were a gentleman and I appreciate that.” I kiss his forehead sweetly.

“I’d never force you to go beyond what you’re willing to give me, Rebekah. When you’re ready,” he grins as he sits up.  “Now...I’m starving.”

“Okay...okay,” I smile slipping out from under him. “I bet Grace doesn’t even come out of the bedroom. She’s probably still beat red in there.”

After getting dressed, we make our way downstairs to find some food. Em is stirring something on the stove as she reads a case file. She turns when she hears us
and shakes her head, “I’ve received a text from Gray. She’ll be taking her dinner in her bedroom.”

“Told you!” I whisper to Harry. “Why?” I giggle.

“She’s mortified she walked in on you two,” she rolls her eyes as she sets the folder on the counter as I walk past her to get a couple glasses from the cabinet. She whispers
toward me, “Being a little naughty were we?”

I bump hips with her, “No.”

“Ugh!” She sighs loudly. “Mr. Popstar?  What are we gonna do with this one? She won’t even be naughty with ye?”

“It’s ok, Doc. I can wait...I know there’s a minx in there,” he winks at her. “Plenty of time to get in trouble together.”

“If you say so, Styles,” she shakes her head at him. “Irish stew for for dinner.” She flips the burner off and ladles some into a bowl for Grace.  “I’ll take this up to Gray.”

I fill two bowls for us and carry over the irish soda bread she must have picked up on her way home from the gym. Harry rubs the back of my leg as I set the bowl down in front of him.

“Thanks, love.”

“You’re welcome,” I nod as I dig into my own bowl.

Emily appears a few minutes later, fills a container and heads out the door for the pub.

“Did you still want to go to the pub tonight?”

“Sure, we can take my car,” I answer dipping some of the sweet bread into my stew.

We finish our dinner as we iron out the details of my trip to L.A. It’s quiet and I enjoy the solitude around us. He seems to enjoy it too.

“Hi...”

“Grace,” Harry smiles at her.

“I’m sorry about earlier,” she whispers as her face gets pink from embarrassment.

“Gray, you don’t have to be sorry. I know you’ve seen worse,” I wink at her.

“Still,” she sighs.

Grace had come down with the flu and left work early one afternoon. When she opened the door to the house, she found Doc and her boyfriend in a much worse position.
She couldn’t look the man in the face for a month. When he cheated on Doc, she publicly announced to the pub that she’d seen bigger.  That was the last time we’d seen Colin.

“It’s not every day Harry Styles is face down between your best friend’s chicken fillets,” she laughs.

“I’m the same as everyone else, Grace,” Harry admonishes her. “I like chicken fillets just as much as the next guy.”

“Duly noted, Styles. Duly noted,” she nods. “I’m headed back up to watch a marathon of The Fall on netflix.” She waves as she heads back out. “Jamie Dornan is my man of the moment.”

I shake my head as I carry our bowls to the sink.

“Oy! Are you planning on leaving the house tonight?” She calls.

“Yeah, why?”

“Might want to rethink it, sweets!  There were some camera lenses sticking out of the neighbors bushes when I got home.”

“For fuck’s sake,” my popstar says as he pinches the bridge of his nose. “Well...that’s settled then.”

~</3~


After figuring out how to sneak him out of the house for his flight, we settled on the couch to look over some of the photos I’d taken during the shows.

“You should come back on the road with us,” he says flipping through the last of the pictures from Australia.

“I have to go back to my paying job, Harry,” I sip at the tea he’d made me.

“Cal would pay you,” he smiles.

“While I loved taking pictures of you idiots on stage, I love my job,” I set the cup on the table and pull the laptop from his thighs.

“Do you think you’ll ever want to start your own company?” He asks softly.

“I don’t know,” I shrug closing the mac.

“You’re really good. You should.”

“What about you? What do you think you’d do if all of this ended?” I ask turning toward him on the couch.

He looks at me wide eyed, “Um...I...” he stammers and then clears his throat. “I would definitely stay in music. I love performing too much.”

The way he stammered has me thinking that One Direction may, in fact, be ending. At least for a little while.

“Harry...are you guys breaking up?”

“Rebekah...you know I can’t tell you what we’ve decided.”

“Come on...be honest. You know I’m not going to tell anyone,” I poke at this side.

“I promised the guys that I wouldn’t talk about anything until everyone was ready to make an announcement. We’ve got the new album to finish, the rest of the tour...”

“Okay, okay. I get it.”

“Have you checked in on Lareto?” He asks as he picks up his phone from the end table.

“I have!  I got to facetime with her. She’s getting so big so quickly!” I smile thinking about how happy she was when she told me she’d gotten new shoes. She and Bud were going to
remain with his friend’s family. They were given financial help to take care of them. The two of them were finally getting the parenting and support they needed.

Harry scrolls through some of his messages and closes his phone.  He takes my hand and plays with my fingers. “I wish I didn’t have to leave you tomorrow,” he sighs pulling me toward him.

“Me too.”

“Is it alright if I just hold you tonight?” He whispers into the side of my head. “I know...” he says as he turns my face toward him.  He kisses me softly and smiles, “How about a bath?”

I giggle as I stand up, “Last one in is a rotten egg!”  I take off for the stairs and make it half way up before he catches me.

“Not so fast!” He laughs. “Where do you think you’re going?” He teases as he lifts my top up over my head.

“Harry!  Gray is here. You can’t just...” I protest as he tosses my shirt over the railing.

“Grace!  Don’t leave your room!  I’m getting her naked!!” He yells up the stairs.

“THANK YOU FOR THE WARNING!  IT’S ABOUT BLOODY TIME!” She yells before slamming her bedroom door.

He tosses me over his shoulder and starts up the stairs. He pulls my left sock off, dropping it on the stair. My other leg kicks up as he goes for the other foot.

“You’re gonna drop me!” I scream wrapping my arms around his torso.

“Quit squirming or I will!” He says dropping the other sock on the landing. He kicks my bedroom door closed with his foot and sets me on the floor.

“We better get the bath started,” he smiles looking at me as he starts unbuttoning his shirt. I sigh a little as his tattoos start to appear. “You ok?”

“Yup...mmmhmmm...just dandy,” I shake my head to get it back on straight. Walking into the bathroom, I flip the light on.  

“Do you have any candles, love?” He asks from behind me. I find him barefoot and bare chested; his jeans open.

“Downstairs...”

“Where?” He asks as he pulls his hair up into a bun more expertly than I ever could.

“There is probably a few in the right side of the tv cabinet,” I answer turning the water on in the tub.

He turns quickly as I test the temperature. I pull out a bath bomb and toss it in. The room starts to smell like cherries. As I’m slipping my own tie around my hair, he returns with three
candles and a lighter.  He lights one I recognize as vanilla scented and places it on the ledge of the tub. He sets another on the counter and flips off the light. He lights it,
but doesn’t light the third. Instead, he takes it out to the bedroom. He returns a moment or two later in just his purple Calvin Klein briefs.

“Are you gonna stand there or get in?” He smirks at me while I gawk.

“Yeah...yeah...” I fumble with the button of my jeans. While we were tangled up in each other this afternoon, I’m still at a loss for words as he stands there.

He chuckles and reaches for the button. Expertly flicking it open, he slowly kneels as he pulls the Levi’s down my legs. I lift each leg when he taps my calfs. The denim gets
tossed back through the door.  His warm, soft hands run up my legs. I let out a small gasp when he leans forward and places a tender kiss to my abdomen as his fingers curl
around the sides of my underwear. I can feel him sigh against my skin. As he slowly stands, fingers still grasping the cotton, he nips at my skin until he reaches my mouth. His hands
push the fabric down my legs. As they fall, he moves his hands toward my back. One pulls me close, the other opens the back of my bra. Reflexively, I stiffen.

“Take a breath, Bex,” he breathes into my mouth. I nod.

In through my nose, out through my mouth...in through my nose, out through my mouth.

My hands clench into small fists.  

“Relax...” He says as his hands run across my scar.

“It’s ...” I start to tell him the scars are ugly.

“It’s a part of you. Nothing about you turns me off,” he says pushing his pelvis toward me. The hard on pressed to my abdomen is his truth. I sigh in relief.  He untangles my fists
and places my hands on his hips.

“Go on then,” he whispers as he runs his nose along the side of mine.

I slip my hands into his waistband and gently push the briefs down. The skin soft under my palms.  His hands slip under the straps of my bra. Once the last pieces of our clothing have settled
on the ceramic floor, he takes my hand and helps me into the water. He steps in behind me and settles against the tub. I look over my shoulder at him to make sure he’s comfortable.
He smiles up at me sweetly. There’s no disgust, no pity, on his face as the one thing I hate about my body is completely bared to him. He guides me betweens his legs. I settle my back against
his chest. The water is just right. His arms wrapped around me are more soothing.

We stay in the water until it cools and the candles start to leak down the sides. Gentle caresses, slow kisses take up the time. We don’t feel the need to talk to each other. We just need the
physical closeness. I break away from his lips. A feeling overwhelms me. The feeling that I could give myself completely to him in this moment. Is it the right thing to do?


“I’m all pruny...” he laughs softly as he runs his hand down my arm. “Think we should get out, love.” I look up at him slowly. His brow furrows for a moment. “Rebekah?”

Not taking my eyes off of his, I stand and use the ledge to step out. I walk to the linen closet and pull out two towels. I hand him one as he rises from the water. We barely dry off
before we’re between the sheets.

“H...” I cry out as his lips run over my neck. “I...”

“Whatever you want...”

“I don’t know...”

“You tell me to stop when you want me to...I promise you,” he breathes against my skin between nips and kisses.

“Okay.” I’m relieved. He’s giving me the out. If I decide that it’s not what I want, he’s more than alright with it.

He’s gentle, but not cautious. His hands are firm against me as if he’s trying to commit every inch to memory. His mouth finding every spot that makes me sigh. As he starts to make his way
down, I flip him to his back. He looks at me with amusement in his eyes.

I trace the sparrows on his chest with my fingertips and then move to the butterfly. I place a kiss to his lips before I slide down his body. It’s my turn to make him gasp.

“Tog?” The sound of his voice sounds unsure as my lips leave a damp trail toward his belly button. He touches my check making me look at him. “You don’t have to...”

“I know,” agreeing as I run my hand down his thigh. The trail of hair leading down to my destination smells like cherries from the bath. I snicker and run my hands over the ferns covering
his Adonis belt. He groans as I use his thighs to situate myself on my knees.

I run my finger tip down the vein on his erection.  While he’s not the first cock I’ve seen, it’s probably the only one I’ve ever found pretty. He’s perfect. I rub softly against the hood that’s
pulled back.

“Just...”

“Harry,” I level him with a stare, “You’re not the first uncircumcised man I’ve been with. Just enjoy it.” I wrap my hand around him and give him a good squeeze and tug.

He moans out, “Fuck.” His left hand grips at the sheets when he feels my breath on his skin.

I slide my lips up and down over the tip a few times. I look over at his hand. The white knuckles almost make me chuckle. Deciding he’s had enough teasing, I take him further into my mouth.
Wrapping my hand around the rest of him, I work up and down in tandem. The quiet sounds coming from him tell me he’s definitely enjoying it.

I release my hand and take a deep breath. As I let it out, I take all of him. As I move up and down slowly, he reaches for me. Entwining our hands together, he moans out my name.

“Rebekah...”

I release my hair from the quasi bun. When he feels my hair brush against his skin, his other hand gets tangled up in the strands. I shudder from the image that pops into my head and stop.
Without a word, he lets go. His hand rests against the back of my neck. I slip him from my mouth and take a deep breath.

“It’s ok, love. You don’t have to,” he whispers gently.

“I’m okay...”

“You’re not and I want you to feel safe with me.” He sits up before pulling me onto his thighs. “If I did something wrong...”

“You didn’t,” I shake my head and take him into my hand. I want to make him feel as good as he’s made me.

“Rebekah, look at me,” he says tipping my chin up with his index finger. “Stop. Talk to me,” he says while removing himself from my hand.

“I just want to make you feel good.”

“I know you do, but not at your expense,” he sighs shutting his eyes tightly. “When I gripped your hair, I lost you for a second.”

I nod slowly.

“What happened?”

“It’s nothing.”

“Rebekah, it IS something,” his voice firm. He takes a deep breath before hesitantly asking,  “Did he force you?”

I won’t cry...I will not cry...

“Bloody hell!” His words come out harshly, but he pulls me to him gently.

For the rest of the night, he holds me tight to him. I don’t cry.

But that night replays on a loop...


Author Note:  Real life gets in the way and I'm not always able to write. I have not abandoned Harry and Bex. I love them too much. I am still finishing Love Will Take You. (It's on Wattpad, doncha know???) Not too many chapters left and then I can focus back on these two.  Most of the fic writers I know do this because they love it. We do this in between taking kids to school, working full time jobs, taking care of our families. We love feedback. Whether you like it or not. It helps us grow. It spurs us on. You don't have to leave a name; you can do so anonymously. You can even sign off with a fun little nickname. I always try to get back on after a post is posted and respond. I love seeing comments. All the Love ~ Lady H

Comments

  1. OMG 😱 I wasn’t mentally prepared for that chapter 🔥. You absolutely astonish me at every turn! Not a single word seems out of character for our beloved H and every kind gesture makes me love him even more! Something about the way you write has me on the edge of my seat ... longing to hear about the heartache that makes her Bex and hoping that H will be her knight in shining armour! As a grown woman I know this is fiction but HEX has my whole heart ... I will wait patiently for them 😘. I saw H in concert back in June ... he is an extraordinary young man with amazing talent, a heart of gold and a smile that never ends! Thank you for bringing that man alive in your writing and staying true to the man we know he is capable of being!

    I also want to thank you again for taking time out of your busy life to not only write this but to give it a living and breathing heart!
    I don’t just read your words ... I can feel them ... your gift to us and personal sacrifice does not go unnoticed 💞

    All my love, Your Most Endearing Fan xoxo

    Don’t forget about my wish ... I’d love to see Bex take care of H for a wee bit following the red bull incident 😬

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts