Chapter 14

Disclaimer: No copyright infringement is intended. All right reserved to H. Styles for "Where Do Broken Hearts Go". 1D aren't mine, Bex and fictional characters are along with story line. Concert dialogue is factual. The rest...yeah...made up in my head.
Enjoy!




Hold Me


Chapter 14



April 3rd, 2015

Early Morning

The small puffs of air on my neck remind me how much I miss having someone beside me. Being tangled up in sheets; the almost too warm feel of it all. The soft hair against my skin feels amazing.  

The peace I feel is destroyed as I reach for my cell on the side table.

Lifting the phone to my ear, I gently pull away from the warm body next to me.

“Hello?”

“Where are you?” The voice screams at me.

I pull the offending object away and look at the screen.
“One second,” I whisper, reaching for a pair of pants in my bag.  I slip them on and check over my shoulder to make sure I haven’t woken my bed mate.  Swiping the phone quickly off the bed, I move to the balcony and shut the door over.

“Why are you yelling at me? It’s half past five in the morning.” I ask rubbing my eyes.

“Why aren’t you here!?!?  I’m fucking sitting at the hotel!”

“What hotel?” Now I’m totally confused.

“Atlantis...”

“Fooking Hell, Kenz...what are you doing in Dubai?”

“Harry...I came to surprise you!”

Oh Christ.

“Well, that certainly is a surprise...” I mutter checking to make sure Rebekah hasn’t woken.

“You don’t sound happy about this?” Kendall says. I can hear the annoyance in her voice.

“You should have called me. I stayed in Cape Town to handle a few things with a charity. The rest of the group was stuck on a runway in Saudi Arabia. I’m not flying in until tomorrow morning,” I explain.

“I don’t have any jobs until next week. I can wait at the hotel...maybe get the hotel room all cozy with those candles you like...” She purrs into the phone.

If she had told me two weeks ago that she was going to fly out, I might be a bit more receptive. But now...I’m not interested. I just got a chance with Rebekah. I don’t want to blow it.

“Harry?  Are you even listening to me?” The whine is unbearable.

“Kenz, go back to Los Angeles. We’ll talk when I get back.”

“What the fuck?  What’s going on?  I flew all the way over here and you’re gonna blow me off?” She yells.

“Just calm down!  I’ll be back next week. We’ll go to lunch. I’ll explain everything then.”

“You’re such an asshole. You’ve got some groupie in the damn room with you, don’t you?!?!?”

“NO!  Just go back to L.A., Kendall!” I yell before cutting off the call.

I toss the phone on one of the chairs and pull at my hair.  Sometimes, I wonder why I even got involved with her. The worst part will be explaining to Rebekah and then...having to explain to Kendall why our little arrangement has to end.

We tried dating before, but with our schedules it just didn’t work out. She was working on her modeling; I was touring. Then there’s the family television show. Her mother talks about me appearing on it and that isn’t going to happen. I don’t need the publicity.   We stayed friends though. Then one night, it became friends with benefits. If I’m in town, we see each other. We’re careful though. Usually I leave through one door, she leaves through another. Her nutter of a mother absolutely loves the idea of the two of us together.

Kendall’s a great girl. She’s gorgeous. A bit high maintenance, but I knew that going in.  I’ve just been looking for something that hadn’t come along.  

Until Now.

Rebekah doesn’t need or want the attention from dating me. She’s a successful photographer in her own right. Being high profile, in her area of the profession, probably isn’t what she needs. I feel like she understands I’m more than just a member of this successful pop group. She knows what my chosen profession is, but that isn’t what her apprehension is about. If I were in her position, based on the fans alone, I don’t know if I’d want to date me.   I know she’s worried about the age difference. I know there are things in her past that have her terrified to get involved with me.  

Irish’s ring tone goes off, jarring me from my thoughts..

“Yeah, you alright?” I say before the phone is even to my ear.

“Yeah, you? We finally made it into Dubai.  We’re gonna head to the hotel. Cal said you’re leaving today sometime?”

“We’ll take off later this afternoon. We should be landing tomorrow morning early. Bro! I need a favor though,” I hate myself for asking him to handle this.

“What’s the craic?” He says cheerfully.

“Kendall is at the hotel...”

“Aah, Harold...noooo...”

“I know. I’m sorry. I had no idea she was flying there,” I sigh. “Can you just make sure she gets out of there before tomorrow? I’ll owe you big time.”

“You’re gonna owe me your life, Harold.” He doesn’t sound happy.

“How the hell am I going to explain Rebekah to her? It’s gonna be a huge thing and you know how she is...”

“I’d be more worried about how the hell you’re going to explain Kendall Jenner to Bex?”

“I know,” I glance in the room again. “Honestly though, if you do this for me I will owe you. Anything, Nialler. Anything.”

“Bex is that important?” He asks quietly. “Don’t get me wrong! She’s a great girl. Gorgeous too. Are you sure you want to get involved?”

“She’s THAT important...” I answer emphatically as I watch her turn in the bed.  “Listen, I gotta go. Keep me updated, yeah?”

“Just for the record, I think you are making the right choice. I’ll do my best. Maybe I’ll get Tommo to lend me a hand. Have you talked to him?”

“No, not since yesterday morning...why?”

“Well...something’s up...something big. I’m sure he’ll call you. Say Hello to Bex for me. Fly Safe.”

“Thanks, I will.” I hang up and try to be as quiet as possible entering the room.

Rebekah has turned onto her stomach. The white sheets have fallen just under the scars on her back. She looks at peace in her sleep. I hope it will be the same when she wakes.  

Her skin is the color of milky tea; not pale, just a hint of a tan. The slight pink of the scars don’t take anything away from her. She thinks they do because some asshole told her that. If I could just get my hands on him...he’d regret the day he made Rebekah so scared of being with someone.

I want to get back in that bed and feel the warmth of her skin against mine.  It wouldn’t be a good idea though. It took everything in me to just hold her last night. She was so upset. My mother would have killed me if I made untoward advances.  Nothing I did was helping...until I got in that tub with her.

She sniffled the whole time I dried her off. She just stared blankly while I carried her to bed.
The minute I wrapped myself around her, her breathing changed and she fell asleep.

I reach for my phone again.  There’s a few text messages from Kendall, Cal and one from Suzelle.  I quickly take a picture of her and open Suzelle’s text.

Bud has been released to Kuben’s parents. They wish to thank you for your help in obtaining the attorney.
Please tell Rebekah that they have agreed to take Lareto too. I will be bringing her to the home later this afternoon.
Have a safe flight out.  Thank you so much for everything. You’re a wonderful man.
S.

I almost wake her to tell her the news, but decide it’s best to let her sleep. We still have some time before our flight.  

A good cold shower is what I need.  

I rinse my hair and lean on the shower wall. Yesterday was, as Rebekah described,  emotionally exhausting. I understand completely why she was mad at me.  I promised that I’d try and trust her judgment, but ended up sending Dale with her. I didn’t lie.  I just felt it was better to send him with her. She didn’t want me to intrude on her time with Lareto or I would have gone with her. In hindsight, I probably should have anyway.

The sound of her voice on the phone sent a pain through my chest. I thought something had happened to her. I would have fired Dale on the spot.  She definitely has a soft spot for that little girl. I knew when she looked at me in the waiting room what she was thinking. She wanted to care for Lareto.  There isn’t any way they would have let her do that. I’m thankful that Suzelle said something first. I didn’t want to be the one to tell her no. I do need to get that little one some new pajamas though. How embarrassing to walk in the room and see my sixteen year old face! Of course, Rebekah thought it was the cutest thing in the world. I used Tog’s phone to take photos with Lareto because I thought she might want happier memories from the day.

Looking up when the bathroom door opens, I see her sleepy form.  She pads in and sits down on the toilet. Her eyes are closed. I turn my back, to at least give her privacy.

A cold shot of air hits my back as she opens the stall door.

“Harry?” she says quietly, wrapping her arms around my stomach. My arms immediately wrap over hers.

“Tog?”

“Your phone has been going off for the longest time,” she says before yawning. “Why do you have such an awful ring tone for them? ”

“I’m sorry if it woke you. I forgot to mute it.  It’s just a friend calling,” I answer turning toward her.  The water sprays her, making her jump a little. “Whoops.”

She laughs as she pulls the wet strands of hair away from her face.  

“Well, they’re very insistent,” Rebekah says looking up at me. “I’m thinking... she might be... more than a friend?”

How do girls know when another one is calling?

“I’m just about done here. Why don’t you shower? I’ll order breakfast and we can talk about it?”  I want to be as honest as possible with her. She asked, so I will explain as best I can.

Shutting the door behind me, I reach for one of the bath towels. I dry off quickly and wrap the towel around my waist. Stepping toward the mirror, I can see her reflection in it. I watch her rub the shampoo through her hair. She’s fit. Slender but not; she has amazing curves. Her breasts are full, but nothing over abundant. You can tell she runs, her legs are strong. What I wouldn’t do to have those thighs wrapped around me...

“Snap the hell out of it...not the time, Harry,” I mumble to myself.

“Harry? Are you still in here?”

“Yeah, just about to leave...did you need something?”

“Can you go in that black bag on the counter and grab my razor and shave cream?” She yells over the shower, pointing in my general direction.

“Sure...” I answer reaching into the toiletries bag. My hand touches something flat and oblong. Pulling it out, I realize it’s birth control. I drop it quickly into the bag. I snatch up the first razor I can find and a long tube. “Here ya go.” I say holding them over the top of the door.

“Thanks,” she sings.

“Uh...Harry?” She calls as I open the bathroom door.

“Yeah?”

“I can’t shave my legs with triple antibiotic cream,” she laughs.

“Oh...sorry!  What does the shaving cream look like?” I ask not wanting to rifle through the bag again.

“I might have left it in the other bathroom. It should be a long slender can.”

“I’ll be right back!” I rush through the door and out into the suite.

“Good Morning, Sir!”

“Jesus Christ!!!” I scream. “What the fooking hell!?!?”

The butler looks scared as hell at my outburst.

“My apologies, Mister Styles. I didn’t mean to startle you.  I came to collect the dishes from last night. Did you enjoy the desserts?”

I’m confused, “Desserts?”

“Yes, they were delivered around 10:30 last night,” he says before going into the kitchen. He opens the fridge and sure enough, pears with orange-date puree and vanilla cheesecake.

Someone liked the pears the other night.

“I’m sorry. Tog wasn’t feeling well.  Can you do me a favor? Would you brew up some coffee? We’ll have them for breakfast,” I say walking backwards out of the small room.

“Yes, of course. I’ll come back later and clear everything away,” the man answers while he reaches for the coffeemaker.

“Harry?? Did you get lost?” Rebekah yells at me. I can tell she’s coming out of the room.

“I’ll be right there!”  Rushing into the other bathroom, I grab up the can from the shower.

“Oh shit!” She yells.

Picking up my pace, I find her pulling at the not-big-enough-for-my-liking towel. The butler is looking anywhere and everywhere but at her.  

“Here,” I shove the can into her hand and gently push her back toward the master bedroom.

“My sincerest apologies. I had no idea she was going to come running through,” the man says red-faced.  “If you’ll excuse me, the coffee is brewing.”

“Wait...um...” I say knowing I’ll have to do something to make sure he won’t talk to the press. He knows who I am. “Do you have kids? Maybe a younger sister who is a fan?”  He looks at me perplexed.

“I could sign something for them or take a photo,” I shrug and look around for a piece of paper. That’s when I remember I’m only in a towel myself. “Photos out at the moment,” I laugh.

“I have a niece who went to the show the other night. She said it was very good.  She doesn’t know that I have been the butler for your suite,” he smiles.

“Okay, let me find a piece of paper and I’ll sign it for her,” I answer moving toward the desk.

“Sir...you don’t have to give me something so I don’t speak about your guest. We sign confidentiality agreements when we are hired. I could lose my job if I did.”

“No, no...You’ve been great while the group has stayed here. Please let me sign something for your niece.” I finally find some hotel stationary and a pen.  “What’s her name?”

“Claudia.  Thank you. She’ll be very excited,” he says stepping toward me.

“Here you go,” I hand him the paper and shake his hand. “Thank you again.”

“No, thank you, Mister Styles. Have a lovely day,” he turns quickly and is out the door in a flash.

I run as fast as I can to the bedroom, “Rebekah?”

When I get there, I’m bowled over by the sight in front of me.  She’s standing at the foot of the bed in light pink lingerie, rubbing lotion on her legs. Deciding I’d like to watch this show, I lean on the door frame. I’m mesmerized by the way her hands glide over her skin. She’s slow and deliberate, making sure to get every inch. This explains why her skin felt so great against mine.  I adjust the towel so my not so discreet erection isn’t the first thing she sees.

“Did you need something?” She smirks as she rubs lotion into her elbow. “I heard you call for me. I know you’ve been standing there watching me.”

There’s no way I can be nonchalant about this, “Nope, just enjoying what I’m seeing.”

“Apparently.” She laughs nodding toward my growing problem and reaching for an item of clothing.

I take a deep breath and walk towards the bathroom. Just before I enter, I remove the towel exposing my ass to her.

“Nice tush, Styles...”

It’s my turn to smirk, “Yeah, your’s isn’t so bad either.”

~</3~

“Dessert for breakfast? I’m never going to be able to wear a bikini again,” she complains as I bring the two plates to the table.

“You’ll be fine. You’ve got an amazing body.”

She blushes, over-stirring her coffee. She clears her throat, “What time do we need to leave for the airport?” I watch as she eyes the plate with the puree.

“Why? Did you want to make out some more?” I ask breaking off a forkful of cheesecake. I dip it in the puree and bring the fork to my mouth.  Her eyes watch every move I make.

Rebekah shakes her head before taking a sip of her coffee, “So....what time are we leaving?”

“We need to leave in about an hour,” I smile checking my phone. “Still got time for a little snog fest.” I pucker my lips at her.  She leans her chin on her hand and looks at me.

“Do you have a photo of your parents?”

It’s an odd question after I’ve just spoken about kissing her, “Uh...yeah. Why?”

“May I see?” She asks holding out her hand.

I pick up my cell phone scrolling through, I find a most recent picture of my mum.  

“This is my mum, Anne.”  She looks the picture over, zooms in and looks up at me.

Handing me back the phone she says, “You need to call and thank your mom.”  I watch as she cuts open the pear on the plate.

“Thank her for what?”

“Those amazing lips...hurry up and eat, Styles. I’ve got a craving for you, pears and vanilla.”

“Yes, ma’am...”


~</3~

While Tog puts the dishes in the kitchen, I scroll through some of the texts messages I’ve been ignoring.

Cal sent word they’d finally made it to Dubai, confirming what Nialler told me on the phone. Then another that they’d made it to the hotel.  

There’s a new one from Niall telling me Kenz is being stubborn, which causes me to grip the bridge of my nose.

There’s a fair amount from Kendall.  Most are her ranting and raving.  The last one is the one I’m most worried about.  It’s a photo that was posted on twitter of Rebekah and I after we got to the stadium the other day:

Is this why you’re blowing me off? Some photojournalist? Just can’t keep it in your pants until you got back here, could you?

Well, this should make the conversation a little easier with her. Bloody hell.



Author note: *peeks out of safe room* Uh...is it alright to come out? No one is gonna lynch me, are they? Leave only love...#BeNicetoNice ~ Lady H. x



                                                                                                             







Comments

  1. Hm short but interesting.
    Haha, had to reread the first sections before I understood it wasn't Bex on the phone.
    Looking forward to Dubai, think it might be interesting. Don't forget to through in a kiss or two.
    Must be honest...missing the kissing. You had every chance to in this chapter, but then again you're a teaser master, cliffhanger....
    Thanks for the chapter Lady H, lovely you are.
    Hugs
    N

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you proud of yourself R? You had me all settled in for this romantic rollercoaster and then whamo! You go and throw a wrench right into the mix! I've got chest pains and anxiety worrying about the mess you've just thrown H into! I shouldn't be this worried about a fanfic but you put me in Bex shoes and I can't get out! I already feel like I won't be able to handle her reaction to all of this :*(
    I'm also very nervous but excited to see what comes next with Harry & Louis as I am anxious to get an inside glimpse at the real relationship between them. I know in my heart that H will always be there for Louis when he needs him and that he will forever hold a special place in his heart. Thanks again for the plot twist ... anxious to read on =:O. Your Most Endearing Fan @elapham71 xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts